Advanced Technical Writing
The purpose of the Advanced Technical Writing course is to introduce you to a variety of skill sets and processes that will enhance any technical writing project.
You will begin by creating your own document after examining three different types of communications. This will help you understand how each communication is geared to a specific purpose and audience. Each lesson will present a different technique and process that will take your document to the next level. These techniques include focusing on the audience for whom the document is being prepared; writing user-centered documentation; incorporating just the right amount of visual elements to enhance the content; performing the necessary research to be sure that your readers receive the most accurate and comprehensive information about the specific subject; and performing a thorough final review to be sure that you have followed all of the guidelines set forth by the technical writing community.
After successfully completing the Advanced Technical Writing course, you will have a clear and solid understanding of the elements that enrich the content being delivered to your audience. You will quickly understand the difference between writing text and delivering a valuable, effective, and authenticated communication to your readers – this is advanced technical writing.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the role of the 'new' technical writer.
- Identify key components of user-centered design.
- Apply the latest technical writing design principles.
- Define the user experience and develop your communications accordingly.
- Gather, record, and interpret data.
- Articulate the different levels of editing and polishing your documents.
- Understand the impact of visual design as it relates to technical writing.
- Use content, design, and style guidelines to produce a more readable, concise document.
- Review, edit, and polish every technical document to produce the highest quality result each and every time.
- Participants will demonstrate their understanding of advanced technical
writing by creating a proposal that meets the required standards set forth by
- The proposal will include research, supplemental materials, and graphics
that meet the expectations and criteria.
- The participant will submit the proposal in stages for assessment and
- Students demonstrate mastery of advanced technical writing by achieving at
least 80% on the final proposal.
This Certificate Course must be completed within the specified time period noted at the time of enrollment. Extension fees are applicable beyond the end date as follows: 1 month, $149.00; 2 months, $179.00; 3 months, $199.00. Upon successful completion of this course you may apply for a paper-based certificate from one of our Accredited University Partners. University certificate processing fees apply.
Upon successful completion of this course you may apply for a paper-based certificate from one of our Accredited University Partners. University certificate processing fees apply.
At the time of successful course completion, Technical Writing Certificate Badges are generated for student use. They recognize and verify that specialized learning has taken place in the subject area enrolled in. Our Official Digital Badges can be used to display a skill set and achievements on social networking profiles such as LinkedIn, etc. as well as on various job sites and much more.
For details about this FAQ use our Contact Form to request more information.
Enroll now at coursecatalog
Back to top